3D Processor selection guide
3D display has two major different types--one is active 3D and another one is passive 3D. Active 3D synchronizes RH/LH eyes signals through DLP color filter together with active 3D glasses to get 3D effects. User can use only one projector to implement active 3D. Passive 3D requires two projectors and each projector displays RH eye image and another projector displays LH eye image. G-602 3D processor is to decode 3D signal into RH/LH signals and executes image stacking for two projectors. Polarizer filter is required for each projector. User can wear polarized 3D glassed to see 3D effector. IMAX 3D is typical passive 3D system. It will provide more comfortable 3D image with less eye fatigue. Active 3D requires high cost shuttle glasses and power re-charge is required. It is not convenient for the system management. Medical display has special 3D formats such as line by line or dual camera 3D formats. Many 3D display devices can't support this kind of 3D format. Therefore, user needs to use G-106 to do format conversion and change the formats into side by side 3D so that it can be displays in most of the 3D devices.
3D format conversion:
Convert Line by Line (Line Interleaved) and frame sequential 3D format into side by side 3D format for the display in most of 3D display devices.
- Convert HDMI 1.4 standard 3D format (including frame packed, Top/bottom 3D) into side by side 3D format.
- Convert dual camera 3D format into side by side 3D format.
Active 3D application:
- Convert 1080p 120Hz active 3D into 720p/XGA 120Hz for 3D Ready DLP active 3D.
- Geometry alignment for active 3D signal, including Line Interleaved, Frame Sequential 3D formats.
- Support DLP-Link 3D Ready or Nvidia 3D Vision active 3D for image warp (for curved screen display), image stacking (enhance brightness) and edge blending (enlarge display screen). The output resolution is limited to XGA/720p 120Hz only.
- Convert 1080p/24Hz frame packed 3D from Blue Ray or 1080p/120Hz active 3D signal from PC or Nvidia 3D Vision card into 720p/XGA 120Hz output for active 3D display.
Passive 3D application:
- Decoding 3D formats from Blue Ray, Set Top Box, PC…for dual projector passive 3D display.
- Support HDMI 1.4a 3D formats, including 1080p/24Hz frame packed, Side by Side, Top-Bottom, Line interleave and frame sequential for passive 3D.
- Support 3840x1080 side by side and 1080i/60Hz frame packed 3D from Sony FHD camcorder.
- “Perfect Sync” algorithm for ZERO latency between RH/LH channels to get the most comfortable passive 3D display.
- Support passive 3D image geometry alignment, curved screen display, image stacking and edge blending.